Sunday, December 12, 2010

Progress...

After my downer of a post last Friday, we finally made some baby related progress this weekend.

Chris got the crib put together. And the "big sister to be" decided she wanted to try her old crib out for a bit. (And unfortunately, Delaney has a strip of hair covering her left eye, because you are missing out on seeing the remnants of the nasty black eye she got from falling into our coffee table. It was a doozy.)


We did a tiny bit of decorating in the nursery also. We are just re-doing the nursery the same as we had it for Delaney with a farm animal theme.

Oh, and just in case you are a safety freak and were wondering, we don't leave the crib bumpers in the crib when the baby actually comes. We know they aren't considered safe. And even though almost every crib model made in the past 10 years has been recalled recently, Delaney's old crib is still safe (and not recalled) because it doesn't have a drop side.


Delaney and I also did a little shopping at Target for baby supplies. Here is small peek at part of our stash. Delaney of course remembered what her favorite kind of pacifiers were and was insistent we buy some for her baby sister.


And our new car seat came in the mail! Yeah! Delaney's old car seat was in perfectly good shape but unfortunately car seats expire after 5 years, so we felt for safety's sake we had to get a new one. Delaney helped me pick out this one. After looking  at all the pink and purple and girlie ones, we ultimately chose the Mickey Mouse model. What can I say, we are big Disney fans in this house!



We've also got a lot of other baby supplies out of the attic and  all washed and cleaned up for our new addition. Her is Delaney's big sister doll trying out Delaney's old bouncy seat.


And, now that we are almost all prepared, we just need to sit and wait for the baby!

2 comments:

Princess Heather said...

Looks like you got a lot done.

I heard about Delaney's eye, poor thing. Do you have any pictures of the black eye. I do so enjoy a good bruise picture. I bet it hurt though, so I shouldn't be so gruesomly interested in looking at it.

Melissa said...

Heather,

Sadly, no there aren't any pictures of the black eye. I kind of wanted to take one when it was at it's worst but Delaney was really upset about it and didn't want anyone to see it. After she went back to school with it, she changed her mind about it and began to think it was cool. So at that point I should have tried to take a picture but I didn't think about it.