I just realized today is December 1st and I have turned into a total blog slacker again. Here is a run down of what we've been doing lately.
1. I have been volunteering in Delaney's class a lot. It is a lot of fun but also makes me realize that I don't have the patience to be a kindergarten teacher.
The Friday before Thanksgiving I got to help at a Thanksgiving Feast in Delaney's classroom. Trying to help serve 27 kids was a madhouse and I only managed to take this one picture.
And just in case you were wondering, no - she didn't eat any of that fruit on her plate.
2. We had a great Thanksgiving on Catalina Island with Chris' family.
Grandma Barb and Grandpa Don were nice enough to take Delaney to Catalina with them for the whole week. She had a great time playing on the Island, and then Chris and I were able to come down and join them the day before Thanksgiving.
And apparently I am also a camera slacker, because I didn't take a single picture while we were on Catalina. So be sure to check out Grandma Barb's blog to see more pictures.
3. While Delaney was having fun on Catalina, Chris and I tore apart our house. We moved Delaney into our spare bedroom and are turning Delaney's old room into a nursery again. It is still a huge work in progress and if you were to drop by my house today you would be greeted by a bunch of boxes and excess furniture in my living room and dining room. It's totally white trash, so hopefully no one stops by to see.
Here is a sneak peak of Delaney's new room (This is also a work in progress and we want to get new bedding for her, but we haven't found anything we like yet).
4. And just in case you forgot I made a New Year's Resolution to try and read 24 books again this year. I usually read way over 24 books in a year, but I have been kind of slacking with my reading lately. I did just check my Shelfari list though and was pleased to discover that I have read 29 books this year. So at least I didn't break my resolution.
And speaking of books, I just finished reading book one in the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.
I have been hearing a lot about these books but I have put off reading the Hunger Games for awhile. They are young adult books and I have been hearing for close to a year now how these books are the next big thing like Harry Potter and Twilight. I kept reading the description on the back of the book Hunger Games and I kept thinking there would be no way I would like book. But I finally gave in and read it and what can I say, I'm hooked. I can't wait to read Books 2 and 3 now (and I just happen to have both books sitting on my nightstand, calling my name at the moment).
5. And now that's it's December I need to get my act in gear and decorate for Christmas. I can't believe I don't have my tree up yet but that's mainly because my living room is full furniture and boxes.
6. And apparently I should remove the word "slacker" from my vocabulary. Because as I just re-read this post I can't believe how many times I used it!!!




2 comments:
Sounds like your November has been busy! Hopefully there are some things I can help with when I come to visit. Also, I have been wanting to read the Hunger Games series, so I am glad to hear your review. I need to put my self on the wait list at the library if I can wait that long. I also read a review of 'Matched' the other day, supposedly the next big thing in young adult literature, and it sounded really good. So I want to read that one as well. I have read so many books this year, but they have all been regency romances and I am too embarassed to list them on my Shelfari. :) I don't know what came over me but I became addicted to them, scouring used book stores to finish off series. Oh well, they are mindless fun to read.
If you haven't read Hunger Games by the time you get here after Christmas, you are welcome to read my copy. And I'll have to check out "Matched". I have only heard about it briefly but it sounds like something I might like.
Post a Comment