Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009

We made a very quick trip to the pumpkin patch today. We didn't really plan ahead and got there right at lunch time, so all we did was pick out a few pumpkins and try out a few attractions and then come straight home to eat lunch. We are planning another trip back to the pumpkin patch later in the month, so this trip was more of preview for Delaney of what to expect when we go back again.

Delaney's favorite attraction at the pumpkin patch was the Cow Train. It's a little train made out of oil drums pulled by a tractor. The trains cruises around through the corn fields and Delaney thought it was great.








After a quick ride on the train. Delaney wanted to pick out pumpkins. All we ended up with on this trip were 2 small pumpkins and 1 medium sized one. Since we are planning another trip to a pumpkin patch in the future, this is was a good start for us (since I know Delaney will want to buy more pumpkins the next time we go back).




After that Delaney spent some time on the Haystack Jump. The Haystack Jump is a jump pillow, which is like a giant trampoline.





Then right before we left Delaney and her Dad, had to give the corn gun a try. You load an air gun up with corn and then aim at a target...




Then after the fun of the corn gun, they had to give the giant pumpkin sling shot a try.




And to be honest I think Chris may have liked the corn gun and pumpkin sling shot just as much as Delaney did.

2 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Looks like a fun outing. I'm really surprised that you didn't end up with more pumpkins though. And, I'm sure that Delaney will want to carve them right away too.

Princess Heather said...

I love pumpkin patches! I want to go to one this year too. It would be more fun to go with a cute 4 year old though.