Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our Shady Charlie Brown Christmas Tree and a Confession...

This my friends is our version of the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree this year. I have never had a tree decorated with so few ornaments, lights or garland but I think I'll get used to it (and I promise the tree isn't really leaning over like it looks in the picture!).

You see, I never planned on having a Christmas Tree this year because of all that we have had going on lately. In the past 2 weeks, I have been to Yuba City twice, Catalina Island and Disneyland. I just didn't want to go the effort to put a tree up so late in the season since I am one of those crazy people who like to put their tree up on Thanksgiving Day or before. But my husband and daughter have been whining for a tree all week. So I took this shady tree out of our guest bedroom and just a little FYI... at one point this tree was nice looking but now it's losing branches and sits around collecting dust all year. But this tree's intended purpose many years ago was to be a an alpine looking Christmas Tree so I decided to give it another chance. Plus I figured it was easier to use this than to try and drag my nice artificial tree down from the attic. Then I remembered there was a bag of red bead garland, and few strands of lights in the garage that I put aside last year to give away. Good thing I never got my act together and gave it away because we used it on our shady tree this year.

And the ornaments, well this is where my confession comes in. There are only 62 ornaments on my tree this year (I know because I am lame and counted!). The confession is that everyone of these ornaments is new this year (meaning all of the ornaments were bought or given to us in the last 12 months!). After realizing how many ornaments I amassed in the past year I realized I have a problem with buying Christmas decorations. I'll admit some of these ornaments where given to me but I collected several from trips to Disneyland, Catalina Island, and Hawaii plus I got Chris the cutest set of hand blown glass vegetable ornaments in an after Christmas sale this past January.

Now I don't want anyone to take this wrong way and not give me ornaments as gifts anymore. Because, well, I love ornaments. I guess I just need to start putting up a lot more Christmas trees so I can display all my pretty ornaments. And then maybe I won't have 3 tubs of ornaments that don't get used because I ran out of room on the Christmas Tree like last year!

1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

Wow! I have 5 new ornaments from this year, and I was already freaking out about not being able to fit everything on the tree.

Your tree is cute1