Thursday, August 7, 2008

I LOVE TO READ!

So after a long hiatus I remembered that I love to read this summer! I have been reading non-stop and have finished more books in the last 2 months than I have in the last 4 years. I thought I would go ahead and share with you some of the great books and authors I have discovered.

1. Twilight Saga – I just finished the 4th book in this series by Stephenie Meyer and all I can say is that they are addicting. I posted about the book Twilight before and how I initially didn’t think I would like the book because it’s a vampire type love story. Well Twilight and its sequels New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn some of the best books I have read in a long time. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good series of books to start reading. In fact, I like these books so much I plan on re-reading them soon.

2. The Host – This is another book by Stephenie Meyer and it was advertised as “science fiction for people who don’t like science fiction.” Well I absolutely hate science fiction books but decided to give it a try anyway because I liked the Twilight Saga so much. Well for the first 100 pages of the book, I was disappointed. It was weird and way to science fictiony for me. Then all of a sudden something changed and the book became very compelling and interesting. Stephenie Meyer is a great story teller and her books have a way of just pulling you in. So if you don’t mind reading through a little bit of weirdness at the start of a book, I recommend you pick up the Host.

3. Shannon Hale books – And last but not least I love Shannon Hale books. Most of Shannon’s books are considered young adult books but her books the Goose Girl and Princess Academy are both really cute light reads I would recommend to anyone. And her first adult geared novel, Austenland also is a really cute light read.

If you are interested in finding out more about what I’m reading check out my Shelfari list on the right hand side of my blog. And if you love books too, you may want to check out Shelfari for yourself. Shelfari is MySpace type place for book lovers to gather.

No comments: