Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Fair

Delaney and I made a very spur of the moment and very brief trip to Yuba City to attend the fair on Friday. We didn't have time to visit with anyone in town because we basically had to race there and race home because of some other commitments we had this weekend with Thomas the Train (which I will be blogging about later!). We decided to attend the fair this year because of Delaney's love of farm animals. She's always asking for a cow, horse, sheep or pig to keep in the backyard.

Here's Delaney checking out a goat...

Here she is checking out the cow barn...

Here is Delaney with my good friend and former roommate at Cal Poly, Janice. We were lucky enough to see Janice at the fair because she was there watching one of her neighbors show sheep. And since we had Janice with us Delaney was able to go behind the scenes and get up close and personal with some sheep. This was the highlight of the fair for Delaney and now she keeps asking for just "a tiny little sheep" to keep in the backyard.


Here is Delaney playing in children's area at the fair. She loved playing in the sandbox.

She also loved playing with some "make believe" musical instruments.

And last but not least she had a great time pretending to be an artist.


Hopefully we'll be able to attend the fair next year and stay in town a little longer next time!

2 comments:

Princess Heather said...

That looks like you had fun. I wish I could have been there to share in it. I am with Delaney, the animal barns are my favorite part of the fair.

Melissa said...

I wish you could have been with us too! Do you remember when we met Dynamo the Budweiser Donkey at the fair? I still think about him and wish I had a small donkey in my backyard.