Kylie Avalon made her appearance 9 days early on January 5th (which also happens to be Grandpa Harry's birthday). She weighed 7lbs 7.8 oz and was around 19 inches long. I said around 19 inches long because they measured her at over 20 inches at the pediatricians office today and I don't think it's possible that she grew over an inch in 2 days. So I'm not 100% which length is correct.
It was a relatively fast and easy birth. This picture was taken immediately after Kylie's birth and although I don't look that great, I look a lot better than I did in the pictures taken immediately after Delaney's birth. In those pictures I look terrible!
Delaney absolutely loves her little sister and wants to spend all her spare time holding her. And Delaney also loves to help change Kylie's diapers.
We were very lucky to be released from the hospital just 24 hours after Kylie's birth, despite the fact that Kylie does have a slight case of jaundice.
So for right now, we are monitoring the jaundice at home and trying to get Kylie into the sunlight (which isn't super easy to do when it's overcast and cloudy outside). Hopefully the jaundice stays minor and then Kylie won't have to go through all the light therapy that Delaney needed due to the severe case of jaundice she developed right after birth.
And just in case you were wondering, Kylie wasn't named until a few hours after birth. We never could really decide on a name, and Chris seemed to think she looked like a Kylie. So that's how she got first name. So far Kylie is a really good baby, so hopefully she'll allow me to update this blog on a semi- regular basis.
And if you want to see more pictures, please check out Grandma Barb's blog.

1 comment:
What a cute, cute baby. I am so happy for you. I wish I could be there to hold my new wee little niece and to play with my favorite 5 year old niece.
Post a Comment