Friday, January 14, 2011

Due Date...

Today was supposed to be Kylie's due date. But instead of making apperance today, she came early and is a happy little 9 day old baby. When I first found out I was pregnant and due in January, I  had 2 thoughts. The first was that she would be born early, like at 37 weeks and come on Christmas Day. Which would have been terrible. Then my second thought was that if she didn't come on Christmas Day, she would be late like her big sister and I would still be pregnant today. Which I also selfishly considered somewhat of a terrible option. I never really planned on her coming in between but she did and we couldn't be happier.

Here are a few pictures and captions of the last 9 days with Kylie...

Due to Kylie's jaundice we tried supplementing with a little bit of formula for a few days. Here is Delaney giving Kylie her first bottle. Now that the jaundice is pretty much all gone, we aren't supplementing with formula anymore and it makes Delaney a little sad that she can't give Kylie a bottle at all feedings.


Also, things have been a little crazy as we try to get in a routine around here but at the same time, Delaney is being best big sister. She just wants to hold Kylie all the time.


And I promise Kylie isn't being harmed in the picture above, even though it sort of looks like it.


And Kylie is a pretty good baby herself. Here she is just sleeping away while we wait to pick Delaney up from school one day.


Kylie is also very alert for being only 9 days old. She loves to have her eyes open and look around.


I used Photoshop to get rid of red eye and I ended up making her eyes look sort of scary.

This is a picture that Delaney snapped of Kylie in her monster towel after we gave her a bath last night. Delaney loves to help bath Kylie and wash her hair.


And here's a bonus picture of something you don't see too often around our house. Delaney asleep on the couch. I guess being a big sister is hard work.


And no, I don't think sleeping in that position looks very comfortable.

1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

Cute pictures! She looks like she is a very good baby. And Delaney is a great big sister. Can't wait to see you guys again.