I feel like we have been so busy lately.
Between dance class, swimming, pre-school, pre-school homework assignments, dinners for Chris' work, and visiting with family I feel like we haven't had time to stop and catch our breath these past few weeks.
Delaney seems to love being busy and she is still having a great time going to pre-school. They had a fun day at school earlier in the week where they got to play in big leave piles. I didn't get any great pictures but here are a few of her by herself.
Delaney seems to love being busy and she is still having a great time going to pre-school. They had a fun day at school earlier in the week where they got to play in big leave piles. I didn't get any great pictures but here are a few of her by herself.
We have also tried new things this week. For unknown reasons, Chris brought home a case of brussels sprouts from work to give to his Dad. I really don't think anybody in their right mind needs a case of brussels sprouts so Chris brought home 1 stalk for me to try and cook at home.
I honestly can't remember if I have ever actually eaten brussels sprouts before, so I decided to give them a try. I did a modified version of the Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Brussel Sprouts and by saying modified, I mean I used the Seasoning of the Gods (AKA Susie Q's Santa Maria Seasoning) instead of kosher salt.
The brussels sprouts tasted okay but I'm not sure that I am in a big hurry to try them again. And to be honest I discovered they tasted a lot better dipped in a little bit of ranch dressing.
But now our week is turning sour. Today is Veteran's Day and I was hoping Delaney and I could do something fun since she has the day off school. Instead we are holed up in the house because she is sick. 
Hopefully her illness passes quickly and we can have some fun this weekend.

2 comments:
I have been eating alot of brussel sprouts this year. In fact I may be addicted. I just trim them, score the bottoms, steam them, and toss them with butter and kosher salt. Yumm. They are bitter, but I kind of like that taste.
Sad to hear Delaney is sick, tell her I hope she feels better soon. Did you decide to have her get the flu shot or H1N1 shot? Controversial I know, just wondering. I always get the flu shot and have been waiting to get H1N1 until all the little children get theres,but I know it isn't for everyone.
Heather,
I think if I ate brussels sprouts more I would grow to like them more. I didn't think they were terrible but I liked them a lot better when they were dipped in something.
And after going back and forth, I think we are going to get Delaney the H1N1 shot. (She has already gotten the regular flu shot)But since the county we live in so small they have only gotten like 1600 doses of it so far. The county health department was supposed to have a clinic to vaccinate children with the H1N1 vaccine later in the month but I just read in the paper that is was cancelled because they can't get more of the vaccine. So I guess we'll just wait and see.
Post a Comment