Friday, January 4, 2013

CHRISTMAS 2012

We just returned from a ten day trip to Yuba City and Tahoe where we got to celebrate Christmas with both of our families. It was a great trip! But I don't know what is going on with my camera... the few pictures we did take came out terrible! Oops! (I should also add that I'm not putting my pictures in Photoshop to try and edit them anymore because my computer is old that freezes up when I use that program! So some of the photos in this post are dark and could use some editing!)

Before we left for our trip, we celebrated Christmas at home, just the four of us. We knew that our car would be pretty loaded down, so we let Delaney and Kylie open the majority of their Christmas gifts a few days early. 


Delaney's favorite Christmas gift she received from us was a Brave Bow and Arrow set. She has spent hours shooting her suction cup arrows all over our house since receiving this present.


We went to Yuba City on the 23rd of December and had a great time celebrating at two different celebrations - one with Grandma Peggy's side of the family and another with Grandpa Harry's side of the family. Then on Christmas Eve, Chris and I took Delaney on a special trip by herself to the train museum in Sacramento. Kylie got to stay home and have fun with Grandma Peggy, Grandpa Harry and Aunt Heather all day.






We also walked around Old Sacramento. We checked out the Delta King and all the cute little shops before heading back to Yuba City for our Christmas Eve celebration.



We had a dinner at Grandma Nancy's on Christmas Eve and then Delaney laid out cookies and milk for Santa. Kylie fell asleep early and missed out on this!




Sadly all my Christmas Day pictures came out blurry, so I have none to share. After Christmas dinner though, we decided to hit up the local bowling alley. And we had a lot of fun even though some members are family are poor losers... ahem... Chris and Delaney...


I also just realized I have no pictures of my side of the family. We had a great time celebrating with Grandma Peggy, Grandpa Harry and Aunt Heather. I know some other family members took pictures of all us together so hopefully I can get copies of those pictures at some point!

After Christmas, we headed up to Tahoe to spend Christmas with Chris' side of the family. We had a great time playing in the snow and doing "winter activities."




This big mound of snow eventually became of the bottom of our snowman which Chris named "Richard."



Chris made any easy chair in the snow on the deck to relax in...




Tim, Melissa and Sierra came up and joined us for a few days and Delaney and Kylie had so much fun playing with their cousin Sierra! They both love her so much and wish they could spend more time with her.




This is our finished snowman Richard! He is a little portly and his scarf wouldn't fit all the way around his neck!






Delaney made this snowman all by herself and named him "Snowy."


And Chris and Delaney even went ice skating in Truckee one day. (I stayed home with Kylie that day so she could take a long nap! I don't think we missed out on much because I heard it was really cold outside that day.)


All in all, it was a great trip. I think we are all a little sad that Christmas and our fun vacation is over. Now we are all getting ready to celebrate a certain little girls' second birthday tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

Great pictures. I like the action shots from the Bowling Alley. I am glad that you didn't take any of me. Or if you did, thank you for not posting them. :)