Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Fair and Apple Picking

Last Saturday, Delaney, Kylie and I hit up the local fair. Delaney had to complete a scavenger hunt for Girl Scouts to earn a patch from the fair. And we managed to have a little fun while we were at it...

Delaney used a fire fighting backpack full of water to play a game where she knocked a ball off a cone with a stream of water.


And she won a Smokey Bear hat, for knocking the ball off.



We ran into Delaney's old friend the Human Hamster Ball. And she tried it out again for the 3rd time this year.




Delaney had fun riding all the rides. And she hit her fair favorite, the Super Slide, multiple times in a row.


We checked out all the educational exhibits and the animals.


 

An then out of no where, I got stung by bee. So that ended up our fair adventure for the day.

Then earlier this week, Delaney had a field trip to the Gizdich Ranch to pick apples. Grandma Barb was nice enough to stay with Kylie so that I could go on the field trip with Delaney.




Delaney and her classmates got to pick apples.




Then they learned all about apples and Johnny Appleseed.



We checked out some of  the ranches neat antiques.



Then we learned all about how apple juice was made and got to sample some fresh apple juice.

It was a fun field trip and Delaney actually ate some apples that day which is a big deal for her!

And last but not least, about half of the pictures above where taken with my new iPhone 5. Yes, I finally replaced my 4 year old iPhone. Anyways, I can't believe how well my new phone takes pictures. And since I finally have an iPhone with a reverse camera, you'll probably be seeing a lot more pictures like this in the near future!


1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

That is so exciting that you got a new phone. I have seen the new iPhones and they look cool.

Also, that is a cute picture of you and Kylie. She looks super happy.