Monday, November 7, 2011

All Dressed Up!

Chris and I went to the Jefferson Lincoln Awards last Saturday. The Jefferson Lincoln awards are given to people who dedicate their lives to public service. The award winners are usually involved in politics or the news industry.

The award ceremony was a black tie event, so Chris and I had to get to all dressed up.


In case you have been reading my blog for awhile, you might have realized that Chris and I went to this event 2 years ago also and I wore the same dress. I know that's kind of tacky of me but we don't go to formal events that often that I didn't really want to spend the money on another fancy long dress!


The awards ceremony is put on by the Panetta Institute. And is held at the Inn at Spanish Bay in Pebble Beach.

Leon Panetta who is the current US Secretary of Defense and former head of the CIA was sitting less than 5 feet away from Chris and I all night. Someone at our table introduced to us Mr. Panetta and he was nice enough to take a picture with Chris.


And one of the award recipients that evening was Wolf Blitzer from CNN. He was also nice enough to agree to take a picture with Chris.


We had a fun time and if we ever go back, I promise I'll buy a new dress. :)

1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

That dress is really pretty, I don't think you need to get a new one each time when you have such a lovely dress.

Also, Wolf Blitzer is a pretty kick A name.