Anyways, we had a great visit to Sea World. This was Delaney's first visit to a water type marine park and she loved it!
Delaney's favorite part of Sea World was their new show called Blue Horizons. This show opened for the first time just 3 days before we visited the park so we are lucky we got to see it. Delaney loved seeing the dolphins and whales in the show, along with the trainers swimming around in the water with them.
After that show we headed over to the Shamu show. This show is always a must see at Sea World.
To be honest the Shamu show isn't as exciting as I remember it from when I was younger because the trainers can no longer get in the water with the whales for safety reasons. But never the less, it's still a fun show to watch.
And I would feel guilty if I didn't point out that even though I really enjoy Sea World and I feel they do a lot conservation-wise, I feel bad for the animals. Even though they are kept in huge tanks, I still wish they could be housed in even bigger areas. And I am starting to feel this way about zoos too. I guess I am more of animal rites activist, than I realize!
Now back to our trip.
After the Shamu show, we checked out a lot of the exhibits. We really liked seeing this beluga whale in the Artic exhibit.
And we also liked the penguin exhibit!
And before we left for the day, Delaney decided to try out all the rides and play around in the Sesame Street Playland for awhile.
All in all, we had a great trip to San Diego and can't wait to go back. Next time we are looking forward to hitting up Legoland and the Wild Animal Park, we just didn't have enough time on this trip!

No comments:
Post a Comment