Friday, June 4, 2010

San Diego Zoo

Once we got to San Diego one of the first places we visited was the San Diego Zoo.

As soon as we got to the zoo, we took a bus tour were I was suckered into purchasing this pricey family photo taken by an official zoo photographer. What can I say? I am sucker for buying things like this!



And be warned, after seeing these pictures it will become apparent I need to cut back on my eating this summer and maybe start wearing some more lip gloss. I look pale!

Anyways, we had a nice time on the bus ride and we were even able to con someone else in line to take another family picture of us!






Delaney loved looking at all the animals in the zoo. And she especially loved some of the displays like this big guy!



I don't think I have mentioned this before but Delaney has gotten so good at saving money to take on all the trips we have been on recently. The scary koala mask and stuffed tiger are 2 things she picked out to buy on this trip with her own money.



When we were walking through another part of the zoo, Delaney met a chilly friend.

And then when went to visit the real polar bears, we came across this little guy. Delaney loved him!

And the highlight of the zoo trip for Delaney may have been getting her face painted. Delaney really wanted her face painted when we went to Disneyland last month but we talked her out of it because she had big plans to swim in the pool that afternoon and we told her it would wash off right off.




All in all, we had a great trip to the zoo even though we went over Memorial Day weekend and it was crowded. I am also sad to report that the line was too long, so we didn't get to the see the pandas. I know that probably makes Aunt Heather very sad.

Stay tuned for more San Diego pictures from Seaport Village and Seaworld.

And thanks to Robin - I stole a few of these pictures from her Facebook page.

2 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Looks like a great trip. Thanks for posting all those cute photos of Delaney with the animals. Where were the live animals?

Melissa said...

I figured everyone would rather see pictures of Delaney than the live animals, so I didn't post them. I guess next time I'll need to post some of them too!