Thursday, June 3, 2010

Palm Desert

Delaney and I just got back from a week long vacation to Palm Desert and San Diego with Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Harry. We had a great time visiting family and seeing all the sights.

In Palm Desert, it was nice to see Polly, Paul, Justin and Matt.


We also took Delaney to the Living Desert. The living desert is a zoo that prides its self on desert conservation. It's a really neat place to visit. When we used to live in the desert, I sometimes I had to go to meetings there and I loved walking around and looking at the animals.

One of their newer exhibits is a giraffe one...



At the giraffe exhibit, Delaney was able to feed this guy 3 times. Delaney thought it was great and it may have been the highlight of her entire trip.


Unfortunately, the feeding happened so fast we couldn't get any pictures.

Delaney also like visiting the warthogs and playing on bronze statues they have all around the park.


Delaney had a great time checking out the Native American displays.




And of course Delaney really enjoyed the petting zoo too.


The following day we visited the College of the Desert Street Fair. I don't have any pictures of it but it's a fun open air market held every weekend. We love going to the street fair and I think Chris may have even been a tiny bit jealous that we went to it with out him. When we used to live in the desert, this was one of our favorite weekend activities.

Visiting the desert makes me a little sad we don't live their anymore. And I sort of wouldn't mind moving back.

Stay tuned for our San Diego pictures next!

2 comments:

Princess Heather said...

It looks like you guys had alot of fun!

Grandma Barb said...

Looks like you had a great time and nice weather too.