Kylie has been going back and forth for weeks about possible Halloween costumes. She ultimately she decided she wanted to either be Ariel the Little Mermaid or a My Little Pony (preferably Rainbow Dash). They do sell some My Little Pony costumes but when I saw them in person they looked cheap and I was afraid they might fall apart before Halloween was over.
So I did a search on Pinterest and discovered these two homemade My Little Pony costumes. The first one is a Rainbow Dash sweat suit. And the second is modified My Little Pony costume with a tutu.
I sent these images to my Mom and asked if she could make something similar for Kylie and this is what she came up with....
Kylie as Rainbow Dash
Kylie as Fluttershy
(Sorry the pictures are kind of dark- I took them with my phone!)
Kylie is in heaven with her new costumes. Grandma Peggy made two costumes because we were slightly afraid the sweat suit one might be too hot since it's some times still warm on Halloween. Maybe Kylie can wear the Fluttershy costume during the day when we go to Delaney's school Halloween parade and the Rainbow Dash one at night to Trick or Treat if it's cool enough.
I am also afraid that Kylie might wear these costumes out before Halloween. Luckily I have an old Ariel costume of Delaney's that I can use as back up if I need to. :)
Thanks again for the great costumes Grandma Peggy!!!!!!
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Super cute!
Post a Comment