Tonight was a big deal for Delaney and she was insistent on getting a new dress. I also asked her to pose for a nice picture and this is what I got. Typical!
I have already received a text message from Chris that Delaney has been tearing up the dance floor all night. Apparently she's a big fan of the conga line. :)
But, alas all is not well in our part of the world. I was left home this evening with the saddest, most broken hearted little girl in the world. Kylie was in hysterics about not getting to go the dance too. She has been crying on and off all night. Kylie sometimes cries when we drop Delaney off places that she doesn't get to go. But she usually gets over it pretty quickly. Tonight was a different story, she's not getting over this one. (And yes, I debated taking a picture of her crying but decided it was too mean). And this is the conversation Kylie keeps having with me tonight....
"Daddy go. Sissy go. Kylie stay home. Kylie so sad. Kylie not happy. I want to dance."
Then she bursts in to tears. It's sort of heartbreaking. (And yes, Kylie goes back and forth and sometimes refers to herself in the 3rd person. I hope that's normal for a two year old!!!)




3 comments:
Next time you'll have to send Kylie up here before they leave and then maybe she'll be distracted and you can have a free evening! Looks like Delaney and Chris had a great time.
I love that Kylie talks about herself in the third person. I would start to worry though if she is still doing that when she is 30.
Delaney's dress is super cute. And I like Chris' shirt. :)
Heather,
I just said the same thing to Chris - that I hope Kylie isn't still talking in the 3rd person when she's an adult! :)
Post a Comment