Today was also Santa Hat Day at school. Here is Delaney modeling her hat before leaving for class this morning.
Delaney's class had a Christmas party this afternoon that Kylie and I attended. A very special guest named Santa stopped by to take a class picture with Delaney's class.
And after all the big kids went back to class, he took a picture with Kylie. Kylie actually seemed to really like Santa despite the fact that she wouldn't look at the camera or smile while sitting on his lap.
This is an improvement over last year's reaction to Santa...
But all was not well with Kylie today. She was tired and threw a tantrum toward the end of Delaney's party and was not happy when I made her sit outside the classroom. This is also pretty typical with an almost 2 year old living in our house.
And in news past, here are a few pictures from our past week.
Last Friday, Kylie and I helped at craft day at Delaney's school. She wore one of her festive Christmas outfits to this event.
Delaney also participated in a food drive with her girl scout troop. Her troop collected more food than any other girl scout troop in our service unit. WooHoo!
We also harvested some mistletoe from our backyard trees. Chris is very unhappy that we have a parasite like mistletoe in our trees. Delaney on the other hand thinks it was the most exciting thing ever and we now have big bundles of it hanging all over our house. And she tries to kiss anyone who gets near it.
Kylie moved up a level in gymnastics and is enjoying her new class with all the big 2 and 3 year olds.
And we have had a cold front that has allowed Kylie to where hats all the time, which she loves to do!
We hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas. And please remember to keep those affected by elementary school tragedy in Conneticut your prayers.


2 comments:
I am a horrible Aunt, because it makes me laugh that you took a picture of Kylie crying outside Delaney's class room.
Also, I really like Delaney's grinch shirt.
That's okay Heather because I was laughing at her too as I took the picture. :)
Post a Comment