Friday, July 22, 2011

I was feeling sort of brave...

So I took Delaney and Kylie to Gilroy Gardens by myself yesterday.

Gilroy Gardens isn't near as infant friendly as Disneyland, so Kylie can't go on most of the rides. This also means that Delaney couldn't go on most of her favorite rides because we had no one with us to watch Kylie. But Delaney was a trooper and didn't complain too much about not to getting to ride the roller coasters.

We started off the day at the big carousal.

Here is a cheesy self portrait of Kylie and I riding the big carousal with Delaney when we first got to the park.




After the carousal, Delaney enjoyed some of the kiddie rides.



Then we checked out some of their educational and agricultural exhibits. Delaney loved seeing these bees working to make honey.


We walked along and admired the waterfalls.



Then as we were walking, we saw that a karaoke style show was starting in a few minutes. This is not something I would normally pick to watch but Delaney was intrigued.

Delaney was even more intrigued when we sat down and one of the hosts of the show came up and asked her if she would like to get on stage and sing during the show. Delaney very happily volunteered to sing the ABC's up on stage.

I took a video of Delaney singing on stage but unfortunately, Blogger won't let me upload it. BOO!
Delaney did great on stage and wasn't shy at all. A few of the other kids that got on stage got scared and practically started crying.

 Later in the show they asked for volunteers to come up and act as background dancers during a Justin Bieber song. Guess who the first person was to rush up there to dance?


After the karaoke show was over, we went to watch another show. This was the real reason we actually went to the park yesterday.

We went to see a show featuring Madeline. Delaney is obsessed with Madeline books right now and could not wait to see this show.

Here is Delaney in her front row seat, holding her Madeline doll waiting for the show to start. We brought the doll with us from home, so she wouldn't miss out on seeing the show.


Then the show started...

Delaney loved it! I on the other hand thought Madeline was a little scary looking with her giant head and small body.



At the end of the show, kids were invited on stage to dance. Once again Delaney was the first one out there!


Then after being on stage, the best part came! Delaney got to meet Madeline!



After the fun show was over we had to head home because Delaney had to get to summer dance class. But on the way out of the park, we did find time to let Delaney ride the small carousal.


That's all there is, there isn't anymore.

(Just in case you wondering, that is the last line in all the Madeline books)

2 comments:

Princess Heather said...

I love the Madeline books also. I also like Delaney's shoes in these pictures.

And I wish I was uninhibited like a 5 year old...or like the 60 year old man at the concert last night wearing a Ke$ha shirt, skinny jeans, a long bleached blonde rocker mullet that was badly crimped (his own hair) who danced through the whole 4 hours.

Melissa said...

Heather,
I sort of wish I was more like Delaney too. I kept thinking yesterday how I don't know how she's my daughter. I never would have gotten up on stage and sang or danced!