Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cock a Doodle Doo and Random Thoughts

One morning shortly after Kylie was born I was running on very little sleep and trying to make a lunch for Delaney to take to school that day. I started to hear the sound of a rooster crowing and it was driving me nuts. I went into Delaney's room convinced she had a farm toy that was making the noise and preceded to tear her room apart looking for the culprit. Meanwhile Dakota starts barking her head off, and imagine my surprise when I go to see what she is barking at, and discover a real rooster in our front yard.

Since then the rooster seems to have taken up residence on our street. Delaney and I often see him in the morning on our way to school, eating in one of our neighbors yards. This morning I was finally able to to take blurry picture of the rooster as he ran from our front yard. He doesn't bother me anymore and I think I may miss him if he disappears someday.


 Also, have you been to Target lately?

Our Target has the cutest baby clothes right now. I shouldn't be allowed to shop there because we really don't need any more baby stuff.

But come on, how cute is Kylie going to be in this swimsuit this summer?


And check out this "My First Easter" outfit...


Of course I had to buy it because I am sucker for baby outfits with cute little designs on the butt and cute hats!



And if you didn't know this already, I love 4 leaf clovers and St. Patricks Day.

So of course, I had to pick up this little sleeper for Kylie.
I think this is actually made for a little boy but I don't care.


And we have some cute pink San Francisco Giants sweatshirts that were Delaney's and that Kylie is going to grow into soon. So of course, Kylie needed these pink Giants onesies to wear under them.


Luckily, we had a few Target gift cards I was able to use on this merchandise. Otherwise Chris might not let me venture to Target unaccompanied again And we are also lucky the clothes in big kids department aren't nearly as cute right now. Or I could have really done some damage.


And if you didn't know already, today is a big day in our house.

Today is the running of the Daytona 500 and the start of racing season. This is almost as big of a deal to Chris as watching the Superbowl.



And, hopefully this a better race year for Dale Jr, so I don't have to listen to Chris complain anymore.



And, yes I am aware that this post contains no pictures of my kids. I know that most people only visit my blog to look at pictures of my kids but I have been such a blog slacker lately, I thought I should post something even if it didn't contain pictures of Delaney or Kylie. Plus Delaney is out of school this week for Winter Break, so she is off having fun on Catalina Island with Grandma Barb and Grandpa Don. And Kylie is asleep so I don't want to risk waking her up by attempting to take a picture of her.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

No comments: