Sunday, July 25, 2010

What We've Been Up To...

Okay, I know I have been a huge blog slacker lately. We have been so busy, yet I have hardly any pictures to show for it.

From my last two blog posts, you have gathered that we spent some time on Catalina Island and that Delaney went to Princess Day Camp. Well in between those two fun activities we also celebrated the Fourth of July in San Jose. We swam, BBQed, and watched fireworks.

Since I didn't take any pictures, you'll have to look at this borrowed picture of fireworks and imagine the celebration.




After the 4th of July and Princess Dance Camp, Delaney started a two week intensive swim program where she had lessons every day. The lessons were in San Jose and she stayed almost the entire two weeks in San Jose with Grandma Barb and Grandpa Don. I think that may have been the longest time she has ever been away home. And after it was all said and done, I think she didn't really want to come home. She had a lot of fun on her mini vacation.

Again, I have no pictures of her swimming lessons. But picture her, looking somewhat like this...


One of the reasons, Delaney wanted to stay in San Jose forever is all of the fun and special things she got to do while she was there. One night Grandpa Don took her to the movies to see Toy Story 3 and it's seriously become her new obsession. It's all she wants to talk about!

Chris and I did manage to have some fun ourselves while Delaney was gone. We hit up the Salinas Rodeo one night and Chris took advantage of all the free food and beverages in the sponsor tent.

And Chris got way too excited about seeing Wilfred Brimley drive by in a stage coach. What can I say, it doesn't take much to amuse us...


Towards the end of Delaney's two week swimming lesson stint, I went up to San Jose to see her new and improved swimming skills. We decided while I was there to get Delaney's hair trimmed at her favorite kids salon.




Now her hair is much easier to brush and comb. I guess we better get it trimmed more often!

And now we that summer is coming to a close we are getting ready for more big things to happen. In just a few weeks Delaney will start kindergarten!!!!





And shortly after Delaney starts kindergarten, she'll celebrate her 5th birthday!!!!




So it looks like we'll have another busy month ahead of us. Although hopefully this time I'll be better about taking pictures and updating the blog!

4 comments:

Princess Heather said...

It sounds like you guys have been having fun. Especially Delaney. Tell her that I also loved Toy Story 3. In fact I saw it twice that is how much I loved it.

Melissa said...

Heather,
I am thinking I may take Delaney to the movies to see Toy Story 3 for the second time, just because I want to see it myself!

Grandma Peggy said...

Loved your post even if there weren't enough pictures of Delaney. love ya. Mom

Grandma Barb said...

Guess I'd better go get a few pictures off of my camera to share of Delaney's activities while at our house.